Income tax Dates
MAY 7Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the standard, estimation or ratio options.
JUN 28Provisional tax payments are due if you have a March balance date and use the ratio option.
JUL 7Income tax returns are due if you do not have an extension of time.
You need to tell us about:
- missing information on your income tax assessment
- incorrect information on your income tax assessment
- expenses you want to claim.
Login to myIR
Change your details
Check the request for more information and tell us if:
- any information is wrong
- you received income over $200 (before tax) that is not showing on the request for more information
- you have expenses to claim against your income.
Submit your information to us
Submit the changes or missing information to us.
Even if there are no changes or missing information, you still need to go through the assessment and submit it.
If we do not hear from you within 45 days, we'll complete your assessment on the basis that the information we have is correct.
What happens next
We finalise your end of year tax and let you know if:
- you are due a refund
- you have tax to pay
- you have no tax to pay and are not due a refund.
You may be asked to provide proof of changes to your income or expenses.
Make sure we have your correct contact, bank account and income information. You can update these any time during the tax year. The easiest way is in myIR.