Check if your employee is in KiwiSaver already
If your employee is already in KiwiSaver there's no need to auto-enrol them.
Ask them to fill in a KiwiSaver deduction - KS2 form.
The form tells you:
- the rate to deduct KiwiSaver contributions from their pay
- if they're on a savings suspension (you'll need to see the notice before you stop their deductions).
Keep the KS2 for your records.
Check employee eligibility to join KiwiSaver
Check if your employee should auto-enrol
Give your employee their KiwiSaver auto-enrolment pack
Give the employee you're auto-enrolling their KiwiSaver pack within seven days of their start date:
Give your employee your product disclosure statement
If the employee is joining:
- your employer-chosen scheme, you give them their product disclosure statement
- a default scheme, they'll get their product disclosure statement from us.
Send us your KS1
Fill in a KiwiSaver employee details – KS1 for each employee you're auto-enrolling.
Send it to us as soon as possible. You can upload it in myIR or post it to the address on the form.
Keep a copy for your records.
Check if they're on a savings suspension
If your employee’s on an approved savings suspension ask to see their notice.
If they’re on an approved savings suspension do not:
- deduct KiwiSaver from their pay
- pay employer contributions.
Get a copy for your records.
Complete employee auto-enrolment
Your employee's auto-enrolment is complete when you've:
- sent us your KS1 (as soon as possible)
- got their KS2 (keep hold of this for you own records)
- given them the Your introduction to KiwiSaver - employee information - KS3
- given them the KiwiSaver opt out request - KS10
- started contributions and deductions.