Skip to main content

Security From 30 October, we are increasing the security of our websites. If you have an old browser, you may need to update it.

Ngā kaimahi Employees


You'll have your own tax responsibilities when you're in employment. These are different if, for example, you're:

  • self-employed
  • an employee (with PAYE deducted from your pay)
  • self-employed, but also work for an employer
  • working part-time but run a business.

Tax summary

If you are an employee working for an employer, then they'll manage tax and deductions for you.

It's different if you're self-employed. You'll be responsible for your own tax.