Check your charity is eligible
You must meet certain criteria to be able to apply.
Gather your information
You will need to provide:
- a brief overview of your organisation and supporting corporate documents
- evidence of registration with Charities Services
- evidence of registration with a revenue authority or a body with a similar role in another jurisdiction
- evidence of an established relationship with a government or international body such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or the United Nations Development programme
- proof of membership with an umbrella overseas aid organisation
- adherence to a code of conduct or a code of ethics appropriate to your charity’s sector
- information about how your charity selects and monitors projects
- proof of financial credibility and sustainability
- information about your procedures to prevent funds being used for private profit or illegal activities.
Download the form
Send the form to us
You can send your form by email or post.
Policy Advice Division
PO Box 2198
What happens next
- We assess your request against the criteria for overseas donee status.
- We consult with Charities Services, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the New Zealand Police.
- We make a recommendation to the New Zealand government to add your charity to Schedule 32.
Once you have overseas donee status you will need to keep:
- accurate records about a project’s progress and activities
- financial reports
- donation receipts that have been issued
- details of funds received from donors
- anything else we may need about your charities activities, funding and finances.