Gather your information
You will need:
- your IRD number and tax code
- your bank account number
- information about your income
- a declaration from your employer, chartered accountant or tax advisor, or a statutory declaration witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, or other person authorised to witness statutory declarations
- evidence from your lead maternity carer of your due date or the baby’s date of birth
- evidence that you are a primary carer who takes permanent primary responsibility for a child under 6 years old, such as adoptive parent, home for life parent, whāngai, grandparent with permanent full-time care and others with permanent care arrangements.
Permanent primary responsibility does not include:
- part time or temporary responsibility such as foster care or childcare arrangements
- the spouse or partner of the expectant mother.
Fill in the form and send it to us
Send your completed form to:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
If you are eligible for paid parental leave we will send you a payment advice letter that tells you:
- your weekly paid parental leave entitlement amount
- the amount of your regular fortnightly payments
- the dates when all your payments will be received.
Your first and last payments might be different to your regular fortnightly amounts. These will depend on the start date of your paid parental leave.