Gather your information
- the IRD number for your not-for-profit
- a copy of the not-for-profit’s rules, constitution, trust deed or other founding documents. These can be in draft form – we’ll suggest any changes that may be needed for the exemption.
- a copy of its certificate of incorporation, if applicable
- a letter stating the types of exemption being requested
- details of how it has been or will be operating.
Send your application to us
Send your application to us at:
PO Box 39010
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
What happens next
If we need more from you, we'll let you know. For example, we may ask you to update your founding documents before we can accept your application.
If we can accept your application then you won’t have to do anything else.
We'll send you a letter telling you if your application is approved.