Skip to main content

Te whakaoti i taku puka tāke takitahi Complete my individual tax return


Log in to myIR

Log in to myIR and select the tax year.

Gather your information

You will need:

  • your IRD number
  • details of your income for the tax year
  • details of any expenses you want to claim.

If you received taxed income we'll put the details in your individual tax return. You need to check this information and change it if it's wrong.

Depending on where your income came from you may also need:

  • details about any untaxed income such as from your business, rental property or overseas.
  • property sale information form – IR833 – for any income from a taxable property sale.
  • details about any adjustments to your income if you received Working for Families payments or have a student loan.

Complete your return

Our Individual income tax return guide – IR3G – will help you.

What happens next

My responsibilities