Employer information must be sent every payday.
Gather your information
You will need each employee’s:
- full name, IRD number and tax code
- start or finish date if they started or finished working for you during the month
- employer superannuation contribution tax
- pay period start and end dates
- pay cycle
- payday date
- gross earnings
- earnings not liable for ACC earners’ levy
- lump sum acknowledgement
- PAYE and any withholding tax deductions
- child support, student loan or KiwiSaver deductions
- net KiwiSaver employer contributions.
Log in to myIR
Go to Payroll
Select the pay period you want to file for
You can do this under the Periods tab.
A file return alert may appear after you've filed. This is because you might have more paydays to file for.
Select File or amend return
Choose the enter online option
Add employee information
If you have previously filed employment information for an existing employee, the details will be already available.
Enter pay period details, any earnings and deductions for the period for each employee.