1. Gather your information
You will need all of these:
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account details
- your child's birth certificate
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or parents.
What happens next
You do not need to call us.
We will make an assessment within 2 weeks of getting your application.
After that the paying parent and the recipient will get a notice. The notice will tell you how much you will need to pay or how much you will get.
- If you are the paying parent you have 30 days to make your first payment.
- If you are the recipient you will get paid by the 7th day of each month.
From now on you must always:
- tell us about any changes to care arrangements as soon as you can
- keep up payments if you are the paying parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if this agreement is not working.