1. Gather your information
You will need all of these:
- IRD numbers for you and your children
- your bank account details
- your child's birth certificate
- proof of parentage
- information about the other parent or parents.
2. Fill out the form and send it to us
The address is on the form.
What happens next
You do not need to call us.
We will make an assessment within 2 weeks of getting your application.
After that the paying parent and the recipient will get a notice. The notice will tell you how much you will need to pay or how much you will get.
- If you are the paying parent you have 30 days to make your first payment.
- If you are the recipient you will get paid by the 7th day of each month.
From now on you must always:
- tell us about any changes to care arrangements as soon as you can
- keep up payments if you are the paying parent
- deal with debt as soon as possible
- let us know if this agreement is not working.