Gather your information
To create a myIR account you'll need:
- your IRD number or customer identifier
- your date of birth
- your name
- an email address.
If the IRD number is 8 digits long, you'll need to add a 0 to the start of it.
Create a myIR web name
Your web name is what will be displayed on your myIR account.
It is not your myIR user ID and can be different to your legal name.
Create a myIR user ID
You will need to check the availability of your proposed user ID.
If your user ID is not available we'll provide 5 alternatives.
Choose how you want us to contact you
We'll let you know when you have letters or mail in myIR. You can choose to be contacted by:
- email and mobile.
Activate your account
If you choose to activate your account by text message, we'll send you an activation code.
If we do not have a mobile number for you, you'll need to ring us to activate your account.
Check your email
You will get an email from us that tells you what you can do in myIR. This email will also have a link to create a password.
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long. Passwords under 10 characters must have at least 2 of any of the following:
- lowercase letters
- uppercase letters
- special characters.
Your password must not:
- contain your user ID
- be one of the most commonly used passwords (we'll tell you if it is)
- be over 255 characters long.
Register for myIR now
What happens next
You'll need to review all the details you have entered. You must submit, even after you have activated your account, as this completes the request.
If you do not submit your logon will not be created.
- You need to let us know if you want to receive notifications and alerts from us by email or text message.
- You should contact us before you register for myIR to update your details. This will let you receive a text activation code.