Skip to main content

COVID-19 - Level 4 Inland Revenue will continue to provide services throughout the COVID-19 response, including paying Working for Families. Please use our online services as phone contact is severely limited. Find out more >

You may want to change your arrangement if something in your current agreement is not working out.

You may want to move from a private or voluntary agreement to a formula assessment because:

  • the other person is not keeping up with payments
  • you have started disagreeing about payments
  • you need privacy from the other person.

Either person can apply for a formula assessment.

You may want to move from a formula assessment because you want to manage decisions or payments independently of us. Only the receiving carer can end the formula assessment.