When someone dies there are often tax and other financial matters you need to take care of. For example, you may need to file a final income tax return or make child support payments.
Letting us know someone has died makes sure:
- we pay any tax refund due to the person who died to their estate
- there will be no more penalties on tax owing
- any child support owed is paid, or any child support due is paid to their estate
- we know about any changes to a Working for Families situation
- we take care of any student loans
- we transfer any KiwiSaver funds we hold to their estate.