You must keep records of all your GST records and paperwork, eg your motor vehicle logbooks, invoices from overseas suppliers.
GST records and paperwork includes:
- books of account (on paper or computer)
- till tapes
- tax invoices
- bank statements
- motor vehicle logbooks
- stock-on-hand records
- charts and codes of account
- any other documents that verify transactions or entries in any books of account
- accounting instruction manuals
- system and program documentation which describes the accounting system
- records of internal charges from offshore parties
- invoice from overseas suppliers, or details related to imported services.